A leader in Power Generation
Raitech is a group of uniquely qualified Engineers and other Professionals with extensive
experience in design, procurement and construction of electrical generating facilities.
Power plants range in size from mini hydroelectric plants, diesel and landfill gas plants of
capacity under 25MW to large fossil and HFO/Diesel/Gas generating stations of capacity up to 200MW.
Raitech, is capable of turnkey electrical generation projects. In addition it can provide
Engineering, Construction, Supervision, Inspection, Material Procurement and Project Management
services to energy related projects.
The following is a range of services offered:
- Feasibility studies
- Detail engineering design
- Technical assistance for identifying the power problems in any region of the world and reporting on remedial measures
- Advisory services on emerging electrical generation capability
- Project planning including cost estimates and scheduling
- Preparation of designs, drawings and specifications for electrical supply facilities
- Assistance in obtaining project finances from lending agencies
- Equipment sourcing, procurement and expediting (primarily from Canada, the USA and Europe)
The over capacity in electricity generating facilities in the US and Canada has resulted in a
reduced number of new stations being built. This has resulted in a large proportion of new and
slightly used surplus plants and equipment. This equipment is available for use overseas.
Raitech maintains databases of inventory of such equipment, from 5MW to 250MW, available from
large utilities in Canada and the USA.
Vendors of difficult to source equipment and materials can be promptly identified through local
contacts by phone, fax or the internet.
Raitech is able to visit factories to monitor progress and carry out inspection on major plant
items under fabrication in the US, Canada and Europe. Progress reports can be relayed to the
client home office rapidly.
In cases where detailed design needs special expertise, or has to be accelerated to maintain
progress, Raitech can mobilize design teams in Canada through its various associates and take
responsibility for ensuring that quality is adhered to while staying on schedule. CAD design
services can be provided for electrical, piping, I&C, P&I and civil design. Specifications and
bid packages can also be prepared on a fast track basis to meet project schedules.
Raitech is able to conduct periodic audits to report on progress with respect to cost and schedule
for independent reports to clients and lending agencies.
Most of our principals are registered professional engineers and are able to combine many years
of hands-on experience with the latest information technology to provide clients with quality
With knowledge and experience gained from a large base of installed of power generation equipment,
we are able to offer the following Products & Services:
- Turnkey Power Plant/Generation Projects based on Diesel/HFO engines and Gas turbines
- Relocation of power plant and equipment
- Sub-station equipment installation and commissioning
- Commissioning of power plant inclusive of engines/turbines and switchgear
- Gas and Steam Turbines
- Control Systems and design
- Control systems for all types of power plants
- PLC design for process industries
- Protection system design, testing and commissioning
- Equipment Supplies
- New and Used Power Plant and auxilliary equipment
- LV and HV switchgear 500KV - 66KV
- Custom built Control Panels and Control Cables
- Test instruments for power plant and telecommunication
- Motor Control Panels and Neutral Earthing Panels
- All auxiliary equipment for power plants
Complete portfolio of services from spare parts and field services to full operation and
Refurbishment and modernization of existing plants
Technical consultancy services
Tailor-made service solutions for customers around the world
Full range of financial services for project development, project financing and equity ownership
Development and investment in Independent Power
Projects (BOT, BOO) either as sole developer or co-developer
- We can provide a complete economic analysis for any high voltage electrical project. We will calculate simple payback period (PB), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Present Value (PV), project cost, annual savings and Net Present Value (NPV). We can also provide a financing or leasing cost benefit analysis if desired.
- We can provide an experienced perspective to make sure that proposed high voltage projects are both technically and operationally feasible.
- We can also provide services on a Managed Task Basis or on an Augmented Staff Basis.